Recipe for Camping – Steak Sandwich BBQ
Steak Sandwich BBQ for Camping
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 8 slices Scan Sirloin steak about 1 kg
- butter 2.0 tbsp
- 1 bread
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ romaine lettuce
- Bbq Glaze:
- 3 cloves garlic
- chipotle paste or 2 teaspoons chili seasoning
- Salt 1.0 tsp
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup veal stock
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 250 g tomato paste
Ingredients for Blue Cheese Salad:
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 cup grated blue cheese
- 2 cup yoghurt
- ½ can of red beans or chickpeas about 2 cups
- 1 can of corn about 340 g
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper
To do this:
- Start with sauce. Finely chop the garlic. Mix all the ingredients for sauce in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Brush the meat with plenty of glaze. Fry meat in butter in a hot skillet about 3 minutes on each side.
- Let the meat rest on a hot plate for about 5 minutes.
- Mince garlic, shred celery and mix all the ingredients for the salad.
- Slice rustic bread and spread with margarine.
- While meat is resting, toast the bread in the oven at 200 degrees. Slice tomatoes. Add roman lettuce on toasted bread slices.
- Spread the blue cheese salad on top and garnish with tomatoes and meat.